Paraisai Traditional Drums
Digital Format Available
NEW! DIGITAL FORMAT AVAILABLE TO SCHOOLS
This programme is now adapted to:
1. Allow students to view the selected programme through Zoom synchronously.
2. Allow students to view recorded videos and live demonstrations.
Note: Instruments will be delivered to schools and resources (PPT slides) will be provided.
Pupils brainstorm on indian musical instruments. Facilitator elicits responses from students on their knowledge of indian percussion instruments and their origin.
Facilitator then introduces the Parai.
The parai is one of the oldest drums used in India, especially in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.It is known as the mother of indian drums It is considered as one of the symbols of Tamil culture. In ancient days, this instrument was used as a communication mechanism to convey messages to people and alert against danger.Facilitator talks about materials used in making the Parai and its maintenance.
- To introduce the traditional drums Parai Isai and appreciation of the drums with Parai Isai
- To educate the present generation on performing arts and its relevance to our culture
- To appreciate and perpetuate the traditional art form of Parai Isai
- The students will be able to assess and define their goals and be a self-directed learner with confidence, creativity, passion and vigor.
Spacious Classrooms, music room or dance studio / Online Platform
Pri - Lower / Pri - Upper / Sec - Lower / Sec - Upper / JC/CI / ITE
English / Tamil
No. of Instructors
1.5hrs per Session
DVD player / Microphone / PA system / Visualizer / Computer, Projector and Internet Facility, Digital Format Available
Cost Per Student
$15 per Hour
Total Cost of Programme
$900 ( 20 students 3 Hours)